What a 2016 campaign the Canberra Raiders had, finishing 2nd on the premiership table and reaching the preliminary final stage, a feat that the Raiders have not achieved since 1997.
Ricky Stuart has put together a squad that is capable of making the grand final and challenging for premiership glory, anything less would be a disappoint in 2017.
The Raiders are indeed in their premiership window and will need to take advantage of the talent that is currently in the Nations capital.
- Dunamis Lui (St George Illawarra Dragons – 2018),
- Makahesi Makatoa (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – 2017),
- Scott Sorensen (2017),
- Jordan Turner (St Helens RLFC, 2018)
- Dave Taylor (Train & Trial Contract)
- Mitchell Barnett (Newcastle Knights),
- Brenko Lee (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs),
- Lachlan Lewis (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs),
- Frank-Paul Nu’uausala (Wigan Warriors),
- Tevita Pangai (Brisbane Broncos),
- Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons),
- Sisa Waqa (rugby union),
- Sam Williams (Wakefield Trinity),
- Zac Woolford (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
- Kurt Baptiste (2018),
- Luke Bateman (2018),
- Nick Cotric (2018),
- Josh Hodgson (2018),
- Clay Priest (2018),
- Zac Santo (2017),
- Iosia Soliola (2018),
- Elliot Whitehead (2018)
Canberra’s attack was the best in the competition in 2016, scoring a total of 736 points, 94 points more than the next team in the premiership winners the Cronulla Sharks.
The Awesome Foursome of Jack Wighton, Jordan Rapana, Joey Leilua and Jarrod Croker, combined for a total of 60 tries for the Raiders in 2016 and expect these talented backs only to get better.
Weaknesses: Element of Surprise, GONE!
The Canberra Raiders finished 10th in 2015, and many of the book-makers had them sitting at 12th in premiership betting. So when the Raider blew the competition apart with their attack it caught a lot of the opposition teams offside.
The element of surprise will be gone in 2017, but will that be enough to stop Ricky Stuart’s massive forward pack and his sizzling attack, we think not!
Continue Reading on Next Page…..