Rovers win Clive Sullivan Trophy victory

On a bright, mild winter’s day Hull FC hosted a strong Hull KR squad at KCOM stadium.

It was the Rovers who put points on board first, with new recruit, Adam Quinlan crossing the line for the first try of the game. Ryan Shaw converted for the Rovers to take a early 0-6 lead.


It took the Rovers 4 minutes to put more points on the board, with halfback Jamie Ellis throwing a beautiful dummy to cross the line in the right hand corner. Shaw was unable to convert, but the Rovers push the lead to 10 points, with Hull FC yet to score.

It was former Hull KR halfback Albert Kelly getting the first points of the game for Hull FC, with Kelly throwing a dummy to touch down against his former club. Nick Rawsthorne coverts for the Black and Whites to make the score 6-10.


The Rovers quickly hit back making a break down the right, with Danny Addy fending off the defence to score in the corner. Shaw misses once again for the Rovers, to make the score 6-14 at halftime.

Just 8 minutes after halftime, a tackle from Jordan Abdull forces the ball loose from the Black and Whites, with Dave Hodgson who is making his Rugby League comeback, crosses in the left corner to score for the Rovers. Shaw misses another goal to keep the score at 6-18.

The game quickly slips out of the hands of Hull FC as the Rovers scored again, with Jamie Ellis gets a ball away in the tackle and Andrew Heffernan finds a gap to score more points for the Rovers. Shaw finally gets back on target and converts to make the score 6-24, With 22 minutes left in the game.

The home side show some fight with Connor Bower touches down in the left corner in a quick reply, but unable to convert the extra points making the score 10-24 and provides some life for the Black and Whites.


Tim Sheens boys put the game to bed, with Abdull puts Thomas Minns through a gap in the defence, then Minns sets up 17-year old winger Will Oakes to score. Jamie Ellis takes over kicking duties and coverts for the Rovers to the game to 10-30

Oakes scores his second 5 minutes later, with Abdull kicking to the corner and Oakes plucking the ball out of the air to score his second and Ellis converting againt to extend lead to 10-36 with under 10 minutes remaining in the game.

With the game well and truly over and player show their fatigue, both sides score 1 more try each to finish the game. Mike Adlard scored from a well placed grubber kick to score for the Black and Whites and then to round the game out George Milton runs into a hole to score the final points for the game.

Final Score: Hull FC 16 – 40 Hull KR.