Warrington Wolves Snatch Win in Final Minute.

Super League Giants the Warrington Wolves traveled to Manchester Regional Arena to take on Kingstone Press League 1 Champions side the Rochdale Hornets

On a Rather wet and cold saturday afternoon Warrington and Rochdale started the match in an arm wrestle with solid defense and some sloppy attack keeping the game scoreless for the first 20 minutes of the game.

It was the Hornets who took advantage of an under manned Warrington squad missing many of their stars, with Miles Greenwood scoring the first points for the home side. Lewis Palfrey nailing the conversion to make it a 6-0 lead at the 25th minute.

Warrington quickly replied with a number of repeat sets with Daryl Clarke crashing over the line. Declan Patton missed conversion kept the Hornets with a 2 point lead.

It just took minutes for the Wolves to hit the front with a Harvey Livett putting up a high bomb with Matty Blythe claiming it and crossing the line for try. Declan Patton missed his second conversion, but Wolves take the lead at the 30th minutes 6-8.

With just seconds remaining in the first half the Hornets attacked the line with Jake Eccleston sliding over the line on the hooter to retake the lead and go into the sheds with a 12-8 lead at halftime.

The Second half started with the rain coming down and the fans unable to feel their fingers and toes. As the rain got heavier the mistakes began to crept into both teams attack, keeping the score the same for the first 10 minutes in the second half.

It was the Wolves that put points on the board first in the second half with Toby King scoring straight from a scrum to level the score and with a change in kicking duties Harvey Livett put the Wolves back in from 12-14 at the 53rd minute.

Brad Dwyer extended the lead for Warrington after a high shot on Savelio by the Hornets defence delivering a penalty to the Wire. Harvey Livett was unable to extend the lead leaving the score at 12-18 at the 56th minute.

The Hornets show their fight with Rob Massam collecting a grubber from Danny Yates to close the gap with Lewis Palfrey unable to level the score with his conversion. The Wolves hold a 2 point lead with 20 minutes remaining in the wet and wild game.

The conditions did not improve and continued to cause errors from both sides, but with just 5 minutes remaining it was the Hornets who took the lead with Jordan Cella putting Rockdale in front and Lewis Palfrey nailing the conversion giving the Hornets a 22-18 lead.

But the hopes of the Rockdale Hornets beating the Wolves were quickly dashed as Ryan Jones was able to split the defence and run into a try to level the score. Harvey Livett puts ball over the cross bar and snatches victory from the Hornetts to make the final score 22-24 Warrington.